The castle was built in 1715 by the Marquis de Ventelong. It was expanded in 1750 by his son, and then again in 1860 by his great-grandnephew Eugène de la Massardière.


Bernard Claret de La Touche and the sophora tree brought back from China

By the 19th Century, the castle was at the center of a 245 acre vineyard, hence the large winery and huge cellars, which are no longer in operation. The castle now belongs to their descendant Bernard Claret de La Touche (shown above).


The lavander and dahlia gardens

It is famous for the beauty of its lavander and dahlia gardens, dominated by a sopohora tree brought back from China in 1753 by Marquis de Ventelong's brother.